What’s a “CompuTrainer?”
The FAST Lab uses the Racermate Multi-rider System to create a state-of-the-art experience. Our indoor group cycling facility allows you to bring your own bike, and ride on a virtual course. What does this mean? It means that your bike is connected to a CompuTrainer – a special stationary trainer connected to a central computer. The computer simulates a course by changing the grade and resistance while you watch a virtual representation of the course on a big screen where you can also see your speed, distance, wattage and heart rate. Benefits include:
- Too hot? Cold? Rainy? Snowy? Beat the inclement weather by riding indoors.
- Collect data about your fitness in a controlled environment: distance, wattage, heart rate, speed
- Receive guidance from an experienced coach
- Convenient location in the DTC…no driving to a remote location to find a trail or course
- Train with your team or with a group of friends. Our facility hosts up to 9 riders.
The FAST Lab offers hundreds of courses in two fomats: Erg Video and Racermate Computrainer Multi-Rider System. Unlike the road, you’ll have a more controlled environment giving you the opportunity for plenty of steady-state efforts which will improve your cycling. It’s a great way to motivate yourself, train with others, and have fun, too! It enables you to increase your cycling power and speed by 5% – 20% or more, depending on the time and effort you put in. Whatever your starting point, you’re sure to improve with regular CompuTrainer sessions!
UNLIMITED MONTHLY CLASSES
* All class packs are valid for any Fast Lab class
* Please register for classes in advance using the button below