Summer is finally here…and things are going to heat up. Along with sunny days and blue skies, we face the possibility of dehydration. Our bodies are about 75 percent water and blood is nearly 80 percent water, so it is necessary to replenish water lost every day. THIS affects your TRAINING & RECOVERY!
When the temperature and humidity are both above 70°F, you enter the DANGER ZONE and it becomes critical to
drink before, during, and after vigorous activity. Try the following to stay on stay on TOP of your hydration:
1. Keep a water bottle handy so you drink water wherever and whenever.
2. Be sure to eat LOTS of fruits and veggies, which are great sources of water.
3. Have a glass of water before each meal.
4. After each trip to the restroom, drink a glass of water to replenish your fluids.
5. Set reminders on your phone, watch, or e-mail to drink every hour.
6. Add a slice of lemon, lime, and/or mint to your water to give it some flavor without adding any extra calories.